Nelson S. Torre, Esq.
Attorney Nelson S. Torre is a trial lawyer, and an adjunct faculty member of the University of Buffalo Law School who teaches trial technique. He has served as a Former Director on The Board of Directors of the Erie County Bar Association’s Assigned Counsel Program.
Mr. Torre has also served as a mentor on the Federal Defenders CJA Panel providing guidance and advice to less experienced attorneys. Attorney Torre has also served as a mentor to younger attorneys on the Erie County Assigned Counsel Program.
Professionally, Mr. Torre has tried dozens of cases in Federal, State and local courts. Mr. Torre started practicing law as an Assistant District Attorney in New York City where he served for more than four years in a trial bureau. For the past 20 years, Mr. Torre has dedicated himself to representing victims of serious injuries, and to defending criminal and civil rights cases to achieve just results.
Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1983
New York Law School, J.D., 1988
- 1989, New York;
- 1992, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- 1995, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Erie County, New York State and American Bar Associations
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New York Defenders Association
Spanish, and German
- Phi Sigma Iota Honor Society
- Phi Sigma Pi Honor Society
- Assistant District Attorney, Bronx County, New York, 1988-1992
- Trial Instructor, University of Buffalo Law School
- Member, Board of Directors, Erie County Assigned Counsel Program
Kelly D. v. Niagara Frontier Tr. Auth., 2019 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 8130 (2019)
People v. Callahan, 134 A.D.3d 1432 (4th Dept. 2015)
Cuebas v. Buffalo Motor Lodge/Best Value Inn, 55 A.D.3d 1361(4th Dept. 2008)
Estate of Pesante v. Seneca County, et al, 1AD3d 915(4th Dept.2003)
People v. Theodore Sypnier, 300 AD 2d 1061 (4th Dept. 2002)