Nelson S. Torre
Attorney Nelson Torre is a Former Director on The Board of Directors of the Erie County Bar Association’s Assigned Counsel Program.
Attorney Nelson Torre has served as a mentor on the Federal Defenders CJA Panel providing guidance and advice to less experienced counsel.
Mr. Torre has also served as a mentor to younger attorneys on the Erie County Assigned Counsel Program.
Professionally, Mr. Torre has tried dozens of cases in Federal, State and local courts. Mr. Torre started practicing law as an Assistant District Attorney in New York City where he served for four years trying and proving cases. For the past 10 years, Mr. Torre has dedicated himself to representing victims of serious injury and to defending criminal cases to achieve just results.
Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1983
New York Law School, J.D., 1988
- 1989, New York;
- 1992, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- 1995, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Erie County, New York State and American Bar Associations
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New York Defenders Association
- Phi Sigma Iota
- Phi Sigma Pi
- Assistant District Attorney, Bronx County, New York, 1988-1992
- Trial Instructor, University of Buffalo Law School
- Member, Board of Directors, Erie County Assigned Counsel Program
Cuebas v. Buffalo Motor Lodge/Best Value Inn, 55 A.D.3d 1361(4th Dept. 2008)
People v. Callahan, 134 A.D.3d 1432 (4th Dept. 2015)
Estate of Pesante v. Seneca County, et al, 1AD3d 915(4th Dept.2003)
People v. Theodore Sypnier, 300 AD 2d 1061 (4th Dept. 2002)